Pages

12.25.2010

Merry Christmas!

Today we woke up bright and early (I wouldn’t have minded sleeping in…but some of my brothers and sisters are still young children at heart.)  Christmas morning was a lot of fun this year.  Santa Claus brought fun things.  My mom is a little sad that Santa doesn’t shop at the toy store anymore, but I think big kid toys are just as good.

For Christmas this year the kids had a lot of fun shopping for Mom and Dad.  We facelifted our mom’s laundry room, with a new shelf, ironing board, rod for hanging clothes, and paint.  We bought out dad a new binding for his waterski.  Both of them were very excited about their presents, which is the best part. 

This afternoon we went to Grandma and Grandpa Harper’s house for dinner, and then we hit the road to head to Grandma Smith’s.  We’re lucky to live so close to family.

Christmas was really great this year.  I find that the older I get, the more I look forward to the giving part, and the less I’m concerned about what I’ll be getting.  I think that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment