Pages

12.09.2010

I am Grateful for my Education

The other day I read some statistics.  I'm not entirely sure how accurate they were, but it made me stop and think.  I thought I would share...


Reading that made me think about all that I have.  I truly am blessed.

Yesterday was the last day I had classes this semester. A week from now I will be done with finals. A semester from now I will be done with my undergraduate education.

I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I've had over the past three and a half years.  I lived with the most amazing girls my freshman year.  They became my best friends, and we stuck together for our sophomore year as well.  Last year I lived in London, my favorite city in the world, for four entire months.  Now I live with my sister, something we talked about from the time we were little.  It's been an amazing adventure.

But probably most important of all, I've gained so much education.  I've learned about muscles and how they contract and relax.  I've learned about bones and how they grown and harden.  I've learned about kidneys, lungs and eyes.  I've studied the inner ear and the endocrine system.  I've studied embryos and how we develop from one cell into trillions.  I have come to know and love the miracle of life--the miracle of my own body.

I've learned about geniuses like Shakespeare, Leonardo, Dante, Michaelangelo and Bernini.  I've seen great architecture and marveled at the hands that built it.  I've learned of relativity, plate tectonics and stars.  I've studied international politics and my own religious heritage.

I have gained an incredible and diverse education from a wonderful university.  For this opportunity, I will always be grateful.

And in the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson,

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."

1 comment: