Pages

12.06.2010

I am Grateful for my Mom

Today was the deadline for the large research paper in my capstone class.  As is my usual, I was writing it right down to the wire.  In my time of great stress and anxiety, I called  my mom.  I always call my mom.  At least two or three times a day.  Some days five or six or eight times.  Moms were the best idea.  And my mom is the best mom.

Today I baked a batch of fortune cookies.  Yesterday I baked gingerbread cookies.  Tomorrow I need to bake bread.  I love to bake, and I know how to bake because of my mom.


When I was baking today and yesterday, I was wearing the apron I sewed over Thanksgiving break.  It's really cute, and I know how to sew because of my mom.


The list of things my mom has done for me is endless.  From shoe tying and reading to clothes matching and mascara applying, she has taught me so much.  I will never be able to repay her.


"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."  --Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

  1. You make it all worth every minute! I am thankful for you and really thankful for hair color to hide all the grays I earned over you.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your Thankful posts! Especially this one! A mom is truly a wonderful gift! And yours is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love your aprons! They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete