Pages

12.05.2010

I am Grateful for the Plan of Salvation

Today in church I was struck by how grateful I am for my testimony and my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Knowledge of the Plan of Happiness, or God's plan for his children on earth, gives me hope. Knowing that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father and that he loves me helps give my life a direction and a meaning. I am grateful every day for a loving Father in Heaven who only wants the best for me and is willing to guide me as I make decisions. I am also grateful for my agency--that Heavenly Father has given me the ability to choose for myself the path I want to take, even if it's not the best path.

My favorite part of the Plan of Salvation is that I can live forever with my family. My family is the greatest source of joy in my life, and I cannot imagine how empty eternity would feel without them. I know that the relationships I have with my parents, brothers and sisters can continue, even after our mortal lives have ended. With that goal in mind, I strive everyday to do my very best. Although I fall short at times, I know that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins and if I am willing to repent, He can make up the difference. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the infinite wisdom of our Heavenly Father.


I was also so grateful tonight for the opportunity to get to listen to the Prophet speak.  If you didn't get a chance to hear the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, you can find it here.

1 comment: