Pages

10.14.2009

Stonehenge

If I had been planning my own trip to Britain, I don’t think I would have included Stonehenge. It never sounded very interesting to me and I didn’t really see any point in going. If I had planned my own trip, I would have missed it completely and that would have been unfortunate, because it turns out that Stonehenge is pretty cool. When you go to Stonehenge, you start to ask the kinds of questions you always ask at really big, old things. How did they make this without any of the sophisticated equipment we use to build today? I feel the same when I stand in the nave of a gothic cathedral and stare up at the arches so high above my head. What was it that made such a huge undertaking worth the effort? It’s nice to know that someday I can ask these questions to the people that really have the answers. Until then, it’s just cool to look and wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment