Pages

9.01.2011

The Plot Thickens

Apparently it is possible for package contents to go missing in the United States.  I thought this was a phenomenon reserved for third-world countries with sketchy governments only, but I was wrong.

About a week ago I received an unexpected and unwelcome surprise in the mail.  It was a the crumpled up packaging that used to contain a biochemistry book bound for Washington.  Apparently when it got to a mail sorting center in Washington, it had been separated from its contents.

Bummer.

So I filled out the little form with details about what my biochemistry book looks like and mailed it to the island of misfit toys lost mail collection center in Atlanta.  According to the instructions, I should report my book lost ASAP, but not feel too incredibly hopeful about it being located.  Which begs the question, how many people's "Principles of Biochemistry" books do they lose?  Evidently, more than one would expect.

Needless to say, I emailed that kid in Washington and gave him his money back.

More bummer.

Incidentally, the letter of instructions also gently reminded me that in order to avoid problems such as this in the future, it would be helpful for me to double-check that I placed the contents of my package on the inside of my packaging, as they are more likely to arrive in the same place that way.  So THAT'S  where I went wrong...

{On the bright side, biochemistry books like quadrupled in price since the semester started, so if mine does get found and returned in a timely manner, re-selling could be even more lucrative.  As long as I remember to use FedEx......}

1 comment:

  1. Major bummer! I'm sorry it was lost, but hopefully this will teach you a lesson and from now on you will place the contents of your package on the INSIDE of the packaging. ;)
    Oh, and I really like your DIY newspaper art thing! Now I want to try something like it.

    ReplyDelete