Pages

9.01.2011

Graduate School and Other Impressive Accomplishments

I officially started Graduate School this week.  I feel like Graduate School should be capitalized, mostly because when I walk around campus as a Graduate Student, I feel like I merit capital letters.  My ego has grown exponentially in the last four days.  I suspect that a few failed experiments and sleepless nights will put the world back to rights, but until then....

Graduate Student.

Doesn't get old.

Also, today I found out that there are 'Donut Days' for Graduate Students every Thursday.  Loving all the perks.  It just gets better and better.

I found out that I am the TA for Pathophysiology this semester.  I am quite excited about it, although it's a little nerve-wracking to see all those impressionable undergraduate faces staring up at me, expecting me to know all the answers.  Just because I'm a Graduate Student, you know?  But the thing is, I still put my pants on one leg at a time, just like they do.  We Graduate Students, we're just people too.  Brilliant people.

......

Alright.  I'm done now.  (But it really is kinda a cool feeling.  Just saying.)

Here are a few photos from life this last little while. A little DIY artwork...still not sure I love it:
Step 1: Apply newspaper
Step 2: Make letters out of tape
Step 3: Paint it all black (not shown) and then peel off the tape
Finished product. Good? I don't know.
Trusty thermos of hot chocolate to take to school in the morning.

Really cool safety video I had to watch to remind me not to eat chemicals, mix unknown substances together, or stick my head in the fume hood.  Whew.  Good thing too.  I always forget those things.  Which is why I'm smart enough to be a Graduate Student.

2 comments:

  1. I think that Graduate Student should be capitalized too! Way to go! Oh, I'm glad you watched the safety video too, sounds important! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never gets old either. Trust me. I still love telling people, "Oh yeah, I'm a law student" or "Oh yeah, I'm in law school."

    ReplyDelete