Pages

7.21.2011

Summer Reading Update

Here's an update for my summer reading.  It's been pretty slow going.....  I am currently working on "Mere Christianity" and have "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" and "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" checked out.  Am I the only one who feels like the Provo Library should invest in more copies of each book?  I don't think I've ever been able to go to the library and check something out that I want.  There's always a waiting list.  Bummer.  But it's teaching me patience.


East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt
Middlemarch by George Elliot
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordin
The Danger by Dick Francis
Laddie, a True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter
Merchant of Death by D. J. MacHale
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall


(I've also read some stuff that's not really on the list....which is maybe why this looks so pathetic.)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not so pathetic. Some people would love to have time to read a book or two over the summer. (Most people would also love to be able to read as fast as you do.) Which has been your favorite, and why? Are there any there that you do NOT recommend? Thanks for the update.

    xoxoxo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete