Pages

7.04.2011

Happy Birthday America!

I woke up {groggily} this morning to the ringing of my phone.  Disoriented, I hopped out of bed and answered it.  My mom was on the other end with her typical morning question: "Are you out of bed yet?"

Well.  I am now...

She lives with early risers, and I don't so much, but she was good enough to wait until nearly 9:00 before calling. I appreciate that thoughtfulness.  She reminded me about the Fourth of July parade, so I body-slammed Suzy to get her out of bed.  We pulled on jeans and smeared off yesterday's makeup before eating our toast on the way to the parade.  We ran into some of our wardies on the way and watched with them.  For a while.  It turns out that the parade is kinda lame.

Getting our parade on...

So we came home, ate more breakfast, showered and went to Hobby Lobby.  Suzy needed some stuff for a class project, and I just went to look.  While we were there, we got inspired.  Crafting ensued.

Second breakfast: banana nut waffles

Making tough decisions






Yes. Those are hand-painted mustaches.

4 comments:

  1. Love the moustaches! So sophisticated!!!! Where did you ever come up with that idea?

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to come decorate my apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your skills. :) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete