Pages

5.03.2011

Life Update

So maybe I got a little behind on my blog?  So what?  Life is crazy sometimes, and blogging isn't always the #1 priority....  But it's time to get back on the horse, or whatever metaphor you prefer.

i am a college graduate.

On April 21, 2011 Brigham Young University held its Commencement exercises for the 2010-2011 school year.  I am very much pleased-as-punch to inform you that I participated.  See:


I am the one in the blue circus tent with the funny hat. Oh wait........  I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.  I was there.

Daniel graduated too (summa cum laude, because he's just that cool).  Our individual college convocations were on Friday, April 22nd.  That's where we actually walked across the stage when they called our names and received our diplomas {cough*diploma covers*cough}.  It was a really cool moment to march up there and shake hands with the dean of my college and know that after four years, I was done.

Our family came to support us on our big day(s).


*Please note the tassels have been moved to the RIGHT! That was a proud moment :)

Despite the fact that I was wearing the same outfit as approximately 8,000 other graduates, my parents had an easy time spotting me in the crowd.  They attributed this to 1) my distinctive walk and 2) my red high heels.  I finally got to wear them, and I think it was totally worth the wait.  They looked especially good with my new

little black dress.

Which I sewed with the help of my mother and grandmothers.  I don't have any pictures of myself sans graduation gown, so you will just have to take my word for it when I say that it is exceedingly classy, etc.

In other good news, my ceiling is as bare as my daily schedule these days, the paper chain having served its purpose in helping me count down to such a big day in my life.  I took a few pictures of my empty ceiling space to post, but Suzy informed me that posting a picture of a ceiling with  nothing on it was a little bit weird and silly.  So look up at your own ceiling.  Unless you are using that space to house a paper chain to count down the days to some event, it probably looks like mine.  Empty.  {Woot!}

Also worth noting, the weather in Provo has been gross at best with lots of spring rain...some rainy days more enjoyable than others...but it's finally starting to be sunny.  Hallelujah.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, friend! Such an awesome accomplishment. I want to see your new dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So proud of you! I'm with Shauntelle, I want to see the black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Look at you crossing off all those goals.

    ReplyDelete