Pages

5.05.2011

Summer Reading List

One of my Day Zero goals is to read 20 books recommended by 20 friends.  I rounded up my list of recommendations and am beginning to cross them off the list.  Here it is (no particular order):


East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
*My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt
Middlemarch by George Elliot
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordin
*The Danger by Dick Francis
Laddie, a True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter
Merchant of Death by D. J. MacHale
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall

I read the books with stars this past week.  I am currently working on 'East of Eden.'  I will do my best to note my progress as the summer wears on.

Another of my Day Zero goals is to read 52 books in 52 weeks, so if I didn't ask you (or even if I did) and you have a book recommendation for me, please post a comment!

3 comments:

  1. I know Joddi recommended "Laddie" because we read it in our book club. Coincidentally, Aunt Elaine just blogged about reading it not long ago, too. You will like it! Happy reading.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love it that "Laddie" is on your list! There are lots of other good books on your list too! I can't wait to hear about all of them. Are you going to attempt Atlas Shrugged?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I found your blog through facebook. So I added you on by family and friends on our blog. Its kyleandevalyn.blogspot.com

    Good luck with your book reading:)

    ReplyDelete