Pages

4.16.2011

Skydiving

Wednesday this week was my last ever day of undergraduate classes.  What a cool feeling.

Thursday this week I jumped out of an airplane and fell 13,000 feet back to the ground.  Also a cool feeling.

Seth's roommate Hudson and his girlfriend Eve decided to go skydiving last week, and they invited us to come.  I kept it a secret from my roommates, and especially from my parents.  I couldn't imagine my mom loving the idea of me skydiving.  

So we got up early on Thursday and drove to Tooele (aka: the middle of nowhere....)  We watched an orientation video that convinced us all that we were going to die.  Then we had to read over and sign these horrendous contracts in which we agreed our families/heirs wouldn't sue them when we died or were dismembered.  Then we got all strapped in to our harnesses and climbed aboard the airplane (which was held together by duct tape....true story.)  And then we jumped.




Seth and Me, prior to jumping

Seth had his phone in a pocket on the front of his shirt, and he got some awesome video on the way down.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa! We loved your video! (Way to go Seth!) What an amazing personal triumph! A big giant check on your Day Zero List!!!!

    ReplyDelete