Pages

2.21.2011

Red Weekend

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem....so here goes  {deep breath}

My name is Melissa, and I have a problem.

I like to think of myself as a frugal person.  I take pride in the fact that I live on a starving college student budget in a tiny apartment with ugly carpet and virtually no drawer space.  I walk the half mile to and from campus multiple times in a day, just to save on gas money.  I bake my own bread. I buy things in bulk.  It's been ages since I saw a movie anywhere but the Dollar Theater.

Frugal, right?

This weekend was a holiday, and because every exam or assignment that my professors could have even thought of assigning hit me last week, this weekend was deadline free.  So I did something I haven't done in quite a while.  I went to the mall, just to look around....

Right.

This weekend I splurged, not once, but twice, on completely fabulous and completely frivolous red purchases.

Frugality fail.

I probably won't eat anymore this month, but who needs food when you are the proud new owner of:


Lancome "Red Haute" lipstick


and patent red Steve Madden heels?

Yup.  Me neither!

1 comment:

  1. Very Pretty! Does this weekend's shopping trip need to replace a "lesser" experience on the 100 Best Experiences of Your Life list? Do you think all these pretty new items have anything to do with looking forward to seeing Paul and having someone to dress up for again? I'm glad you like to look nice, and I don't think either of those splurges will break your bank.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete