Pages

9.02.2010

Out with the Old...

Fall is here and it's a new semester. This fall is a little bit different, a little bit special compared to past falls--it's my last fall semester as an undergraduate. And in case anyone was wondering if I'm feeling excited about graduating:


Yes, that is a paper chain counting down the days to my graduation hanging from my ceiling. And to my sophomore roommates who laughed at it's length, please remember that yours would be three times longer.

This semester I am taking some really  interesting classes.  Probably the best thing about being so far along in my major is being done with all the prerequisites and classes that aren't as pertinent to physiology.  I am taking mostly science classes this semester:  Genetics, Human Embryology, Advanced Cell Biology, a Physiology Seminar and my Physiology Capstone.  These are a few of my books:



















I'm also taking a Humanities class (my last GE!)


Another new change in my life was pretty bittersweet: my trusty laptop companion of the last 3+ years officially kicked the bucket about a week and a half ago. I loved that little guy, and while it's always fun to get new toys I feel a little sad when I use my new computer. That's just life I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Love the chain! I'm pretty sure all that science would kill most people. Mrs. Asmus would be so proud! I can't wait until you send her a graduation announcement. Hang in there.
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chain! It makes me smile. :) Those classes sound awesome. Probably killer, but awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel smarter just *reading* the covers of those science books. Geez. Can you be my lifeline if I'm ever on a gameshow?

    ReplyDelete