Pages

9.02.2009

I MADE IT!

So after several hours of travel, I am happy to say that I arrived in London healthy and happy, albeit very tired. I sat next to a very precocious seven-year-old boy on the way from the US to London, and I had the opportunity of hearing his whole life story. It was great, but it did make sleeping a bit difficult.

When we got to the center we were briefly oriented by our professors, and then we had the task of hauling our luggage up the stairs. I live in bedroom four, which I think is on the eighteenth floor or something... No, not really--it just felt that way. I have to climb six flights of stairs to get to my room. I am going to be in fabulous shape by the time this semester is over. I will post pictures of the Centre one of these days, but probably not until things settle down a bit. It's so great to finally be here!

Mom and me at the airport in Salt Lake

Waiting [with luggage in tow] for the shuttle to take us to the Centre

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you and your luggage made it and found friends on the other side of the pond. Keep us posted!

    xox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa is in LONDON AAAAAH YAY!

    :D

    Have fun!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! England! The doorway even looks cool!!

    ReplyDelete