Pages

3.26.2011

Festival of Colors!

Today I crossed another goal of the list:  attend Festival of Colors.

The festival is celebrated at the nearby Hare Krishna Temple to welcome spring.  Mostly it just consists of a bajillion college students showing up and throwing colored chalk at each other.

I went with Seth, Suzy, Natalie, Brynn, Katie, Laura, and their friend Jessica. We ran into Daniel and Ashlee and some of their friends too.

This is us before:




And this is us after:




I have never been so dirty in my life. Getting clean was a bit of an ordeal, and I think my scalp will just be orange for a while, but it sure was a lot of fun!

5 comments:

  1. Melissa this looks like so much fun! I love, love the piture of you and Suzy! (The clean one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was there too! What time did you go? I think I maybe ate a pound of dust and my hair is a faint purple but it was quite the bucket-list experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I'm so jealous! all the groups I was going to go with fell through. Next year I'm going for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went this year, too! That would have been fun to run into you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! What colorful girls I have! (with such lovely straight teeth!) And so smart to wear white shirts, so that all the lovely colors would really show up.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete