Pages

3.06.2012

Old Friends

Lately I've been trying lots of new recipes, and it's been a lot of fun. But some days just call for those old, familiar friends that have been with you through thick and thin.

We all learn that it's important to develop our talents. One of my best talents is chocolate chip cookies. I attribute this to the fact that for the last twelve years of my life, baking cookies has been my quintessential de-stressing technique. And some of those years were pretty stressful.

Today I baked cookies.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 lb. butter
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
2 T. vanilla
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking soda
6 c. flour
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix sugars together. Add butter and cream. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Sift dry ingredients together and add slowly to butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes.

Usually I don't even eat the cookies, although they are delicious. There's just something about the mixing process that makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment