Pages

2.29.2012

"Let Them Eat {Insert Food Here}"

Lately my life has been quite full of physiology, obesity, mitochondria, C2 C12 cells in culture, grant proposals, oral presentations, review sessions, statistics tests, etc. In other words, my life has been quite full, but not of things that are super interesting to blog about.

So this post is about food. Which should surprise...no one. Because I love to make food nearly as much as I love to eat it. Possibly more. (This is the primary reason that the research I do on obesity and metabolism is both incredibly relevant, moderately irksome, and occasionally guilt-inducing in my life. Ditto my cardiac physiology class. It turns out that my college student "nutrition" combined with my fairly sedentary lifestyle is probably going to kill me. If you, like me, feel that fruit is best dipped in chocolate, vegetables belong swimming in butter and salt, ice cream is a legitimate source of dairy, and walking up the stairs to your apartment counts as 'daily cardio,' rest assured that your heart hates you.)

And on that pleasant note, on to food! First, the bad news:

Suzanne went on study abroad to Europe last summer. (That's not the bad news.) She bought me a special present while she was there, and miraculously she kept it a secret for SIX WHOLE MONTHS which has GOT to be some kind of record for her. It was Cadbury hot chocolate. All the way from England. (That's also not the bad news.)


Last night I used the very last bit of my Cadbury chocolate. THAT is the bad news. I guess I just need to go back and get some more.....


And since it would be unfortunate to end on such an upsetting note, the good news!

Perhaps you have noticed (perhaps you have not...) that the list of recipes for the year has been steadily growing. So far I've liked all of them, but the recipe I made this week was especially good, partially because it was fantastically easy, and partially because it was just dang good.

Slow-cooker Caesar Chicken Sandwiches

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new blog posts! I will try this recipe this weekend. Thanks.
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about walking up the stairs to your apartment counting as "daily cardio" really made me laugh. I know what you mean. ;) Oh, and I'm really excited about you doing these weekly recipes! I trust your taste buds (that sounds kinda weird), so I'm looking forward to trying these recipes. ;)

    ReplyDelete