Pages

2.08.2012

Recent Happenings

I have been a terrible blogger of late...my apologies.

One of the most exciting things that's happened to me lately is the camera I bought myself for Christmas.  I'm still learning how to use it, but it's an exciting adventure that I'm looking forward to.  

So here are some pictures I've taken with said camera of a few things I've done lately:

Strange abstract piece of "art" that I made last Saturday when I was bored.
Flowers Daniel, Suzanne and I surprised Grandma Smith with.
I finally broke down and bought my Endocrinology book....it arrived today.
I taught Chanel how to make bread tonight.
Chanel wanted me to draw a picture of her...so I did while the bread was rising. (First portrait in like 4.5 years...don't judge.)
Bread is done!

3 comments:

  1. Oo, I like it! I'd really like to see more of your art, Melissa. Any chance you'd do a post sometime of the art from high school you have at home? (Assuming you didn't throw them out when you abandoned art and entered the equally noble field of physiology and developmental biology...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Why are you so multi-talented? I am honored to be friends with a woman who sketches portraits while baking perfect bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks really good, except the Endocrinology text.
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete