Pages

1.26.2012

Gallon Challenge

Vitals:
Temperature: 97.9
Blood Pressure: 102/60
Heart Rate: 94                   <--24 bpm higher than average (someone was a little nervous...)
Hb count (right hand): 12                   <--not high enough to donate
Hb count (left hand): 13.5                   <--high enough to donate

Today I donated blood for the second time in my six donation goal. It went much more smoothly than last time. Which isn't necessarily saying much... The phlebotomists were nice, the cookies were good, and no blood splattered on my shirt. An all-around improvement.

This was the eighth time that I've donated blood in my life, which means that I've donated a total of one gallon. Woot. I have a lifetime goal of at least five gallons. Only 32 more donations to go!

3 comments: