Pages

1.10.2012

Bandwagon Jumping

Over the weekend I read the Hunger Games trilogy. Yes, I finally caved. I told myself I wasn't going to read them, but the movie is coming out in the spring, and the trailer looked pretty good....and I wouldn't feel good about watching if I hadn't read the books first....and I could download them for free on my Kindle... Saturday morning I started the first one. I read the second one Saturday night after I got home from the BYU basketball game. I finished up on Sunday with the third book.

Part of my motivation to read them was also sentimental. The first time I ever heard mention of "The Hunger Games" was from my little brother Jared when the two of us were driving to Utah. He isn't much of a reader; in fact, he hates it. But he really liked that book. It was probably the first book that he'd read cover to cover in years. Soon everyone was talking about them. Several of my friends told me that I should read them. His recommendation was definitely the most influential though.

When it was all said and done, I think I liked them. That being said, I will definitely be reading something a little lighter and happier next....

4 comments:

  1. I loved those books! Kyle and I can't wait to see the movie. I just read The Help on my cruise. Have you read that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE HELP! It was so good. And I really liked the movie too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jumped on that bandwagon too...I liked them. Definitely quick reads. The third one made me cry at one point (yes, I am becoming old and weirdly emotional...yuck).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a blog update, finally! I liked them, too, but I would have ended things differently. I'm not sure if I want to see the movies.
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete