Pages

11.15.2011

(Stagnant) Reading List

Did you forget about this?  Because it probably looks like I have.  I have not forgotten about my reading...I've simply set it aside for a bit during the semester.  Perhaps Thanksgiving and Christmas will be good opportunities to finish what I started.


East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Survivor's Club by Lisa Gardner
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King
The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt
Middlemarch by George Elliot
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordin
The Danger by Dick Francis
Laddie, a True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter
Merchant of Death by D. J. MacHale
No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall


(Right now I'm at 50%.  10 down, 10 to go!)

6 comments:

  1. I just finished The Help, and loved it. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! I am so proud :) Also....donating blood=terrifying. You know what I have been through because of it. I can't believe you would even make that goal but I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you already read Mere Christianity? Haven't we talked about what you learned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *loved* The Help. So good.

    I started Mere Christianity, but I only got like 40 pages in before I had to return it. So it's still on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lightning Thief is a super quick read. I'm sure you can knock it out quick :) Sometime you'll have to write a post with opinions on the books you've read!

    ReplyDelete