Pages

10.05.2011

Catching Up...Story of my Life

Sorry Mom.  It's been a while....

Life is busy, but really good.  Grad school seems a lot like regular college, except I have way more reading.  Class is really interesting, and I'm loving being a TA.

Last week I had the pleasure of babysitting Oliver for a couple of evenings while Sandee and Matt did work on the new house they just bought.  He's such a good baby and we had a lot of fun.


In other news, recent Western blots have been much more successful than my first attempt.  I am starting a project tomorrow that will involve like 30 Western blots in the next 3 weeks.  Yikes.  I am nervous, but also excited for the chance to be in charge of my own project.  After three weeks are over, I am changing labs until the end of the semester.  At that time, I'll be picking the lab I want to stay in for the remainder of my masters.

Other than reading, taking 25-hour midterms, and preparing oral presentations, I haven't been up to much.  Except I started running again this week (ugh.) so I can run a 10K with Claire at the end of the month.  I have no idea why I agree to these things. But the t-shirt is really cool, so maybe it will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Oliver is so cute. Maybe you should get yourself one of those someday. Good luck on the western blots.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete