Pages

6.01.2011

Dear Mom, this Post is for You :)

I went home last week for Jared's graduation.  That was weird.  Cool.  But weird.  He's moving to Provo in a couple of weeks, and I think it will be fun to have him down here.

I made kiwi ice cream on Sunday.  I wasn't really sure that kiwi ice cream even sounded good, but my Ben & Jerry's cookbook said it was for 'the connoisseur with discerning tastes' or something?  The moral of the story: kiwi ice cream is delicious.  But really.  It's so good.  Plus, I convinced myself that it's healthy, since there are 1.5 kiwis per cup of ice cream.  Translation: I got like 3 fruit servings in my dessert after dinner last night (please don't do the math to figure out how big of a bowl that was...it's embarrassing.)  Best.  Idea.  Ever.

My family was here for Memorial Day, and while the boys went to ride dirt bikes I went shopping with my mom and Haley.  We went to DSW.  I don't know if I ever mentioned this but I *love* high heels.  So much.  And I had birthday money.....you do the math (I don't mind as much here.)  It was a good day.

I only got about 2/3 of the way done with "East of Eden" before it was due back to the library.  I tried to renew it, but there are like 10 people on the hold list!  Why?  It's not even that fun to read.  I decided to check it out from BYU's library instead of the Provo Library only to find out that my library privileges on campus have been revoked until fall when I start school again.  Lame.  So now I'm #11 on the hold list, and it will be August before I figure out how it ends.

I just finished reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People."  I was disappointed at how earth-shattering it wasn't.  I don't really think Dale Carnegie needed 250 pages to say 'Smile more, listen when people talk to you, and try to remember names and birthdays.'  It only took me 15 words..... But it was like the father of self-help books or something, and now when I attend fancy dinner parties I'll have something to contribute to the conversation when it comes up.  (Fancy dinner parties basically dominate my social calendar.   It really is a nightmare sometimes, being so influential with so many friends...)

Suzy gets home on June 15th.  That's two weeks from today.  I am very much looking forward to having her back.  It's lonely and quiet around the apartment without her.  But she's having a fabulous time.  Check out her pictures of the Swiss Alps.  So jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for updating your blog! I can hardly stand going a whole day without a new one, let alone a week or more. Plus, your blog is my link to most of the other blogs I like to read. Glad the ice cream worked out well. I would like to try some one of these days.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete