Pages

6.02.2011

Book Review(s)

Yesterday I read "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli per the recommendation of my delightful friend Rachel.  I think I liked it?  The moral of the story was really good; it's all about being yourself and putting other people first.  It left me feeling a little sad and unsettled though.  For that reason I give it 3.5 stars.  I always prefer books with happy endings.

Today I read "The Horse and His Boy" by C. S. Lewis per the recommendation of my friend Kevin.  It's one of the Chronicles of Narnia.  I read most of them when I was in sixth grade, but I'd never read that one before.  He actually recommended that I re-read the entire series, and I probably will over the course of the summer, but for my 20 books list he specifically told me to read this one.  It was a good, fast, easy read.  C. S. Lewis's writing is fun to read and I enjoyed this book.  4 stars.

Incidentally, I am currently faced with a dilemma: I have an Amazon.com gift card and I have no idea what to get with it.  I am wide open to suggestions; feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment