Pages

2.08.2011

You've Got Mail?

Yesterday I decided it was high time that I got to know my neighbors, so I baked them a plate of chocolate chip cookies and delivered them piping hot.

Yes, I have lived in my apartment complex for nearly a year...

And yes, I have lived next door to those exact girls for almost six months.

Despite all that, it was made very clear to me yesterday that a reintroduction was in order.  The reason? This message I got from Argentina:

Yesterday I got a letter returned that I'd sent to you a little while ago.  Looks like I put Apartment #6 instead of Apartment #5.  I'll send it to you again soon I suppose.

That's right.  Paul sent me a letter from Argentina but when it mistakenly arrived next door my neighbors stuck it back in the mail.

I suppose it serves me right for not being friendlier?


4 comments:

  1. I may have put exlax in the cookies along with the chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is horrible! Matt and I are laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classic story. So sad, and yet so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGGGGH! okay. That's not cool. AT all.

    ReplyDelete