Pages

2.09.2011

A First Time for Everything!

Today after work Suzanne and I went running.  When I got home from running, I had no real plans aside from making dinner and doing some homework.  When we walked in the door, Annie was sitting at the table with her computer.  Her hair hung long to the middle of her back.

And I suddenly had a plan.

So I asked her if she had ever considered cutting her hair to her shoulders.  To my surprise, she said that the thought had crossed her mind yesterday, but she didn't really feel like paying for a haircut....

So I volunteered my services, free of charge.  Problem solved.  

Tonight, spur-of-the-moment, before she had a chance to think about it and change her mind, I grabbed a pair of hair scissors from a neighbor, washed her tresses in the sink, and cut off around eight inches of Annie's hair.

Best idea I had all day :)









1 comment:

  1. Cute haircut Annie! I'm proud of your boldness, and also a little amazed at your bravery to let Melissa use you as her own personal guinea pig. The style turned out darling. (I looked at facebook, too. Suzy told me to.)

    Melissa, remember when, in sixth grade the newspaper quoted you that you wanted to be a "cosmetologist" when you grew up? Maybe you have found your true calling. Forget all that physiology and developmental biology stuff! I love your gold fingernail polish and Annie's haircut, so I'm sure I'm right.

    xoxo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete