Pages

9.14.2010

Day Zero Project: 101 Goals in 1001 Days

A few weeks ago I blogged about a website called Day Zero Project.  On this website you make a list of 101 things you want to accomplish in the next 1001 days (which is slightly under 3 years.)   After a long time and a lot of thought, here is my list!

1. Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011
2. Ask 20 friends to suggest one book and read them all
3. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
4. Kiss in the rain
5. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find
6. Get married
7. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
8. Expand my vocabulary by 100 words
9. Graduate from college
10. See a play on Broadway
11. Invent a recipe
12. Paint a room yellow
13. Sleep outside for a week
14. Learn Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in its entirety
15. Master the art of making pie
16. Make a list of 100 things that make me smile or laugh
17. Write my own personal history
18. Pick 5 people who have changed my life and write each of them a letter
19. Save $5 for every task I complete
20. Pay off all debt
21. Pay for someone else’s food behind me at the drive-thru
22. Build a sand castle
23. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the Alphabet
24. Take at least 1 photo everyday for a month
25. Try 10 new recipes
26. Research and start a retirement fund
27. Learn how to say "I love you" in ten different languages
28. Take a cake decorating course
29. Write a list of 50 things I like about myself
30. Write a thesis
31. Write with my left hand for a day
32. Do 20 random acts of kindness
33. Make my own pasta
34. Document every goal completed on a blog
35. Own a little black dress
36. Be on the Dean's List
37. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
38. Throw a dart into a map and go to wherever it lands
39. Take a yoga class
40. Send a 'Just because' card once a week for six months
41. Drink 8 glasses of water daily for 3 weeks
42. Read the entire standard works
43. Finish a major assignment for school more than a week ahead of time
44. Kiss someone at midnight on New Years
45. Send flowers anonymously
46. Master the art of making cinnamon rolls
47. Be on time for every class for three weeks
48. Learn how to use chopsticks properly
49. Run five miles in under forty minutes
50. Keep a dream journal for a month
51. Donate blood six times in one year
52. Paint each fingernail a different color and leave them that way for a week
53. Go to a Major League Baseball game
54. Don't spend any money for three weeks
55. Write a fan letter
56. Start a camera fund
57. Attend the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC
58. Kiss under mistletoe
59. Floss every night for a month
60. Fill a sketch book
61. Read the Ensign cover to cover for a year
62. Do 5 one-armed push-ups
63. Make a list of the songs on the soundtrack of my life
64. Make a paper chain to count down the days to an important event
65. Get rid of 101 things I don't need or want
66. Buy a piece of secondhand furniture and renovate it
67. Make my bed every morning for a month
68. Cook my way through a cookbook
69. Compliment a stranger everyday for a week
70. Carve my name on a tree
71. Get up as soon as my alarm goes off 10 times in a row
72. Learn to juggle
73. Edit my London pictures
74. Coach a little league softball team
75. Read a book written by someone I disagree with
76. Study and take the GRE
77. Take a First Aid class
78. Blog every day for a month
79. Make a list of the 100 best experiences of my life
80. Go skydiving
81. Make my own cookbook
82. Go to 5 different museums
83. Get my 5 a day for two weeks
84. Jump into a body of water fully clothed
85. Finish an NYT crossword puzzle without any help
86. Submit 10 photos to Jones Soda
87. Go to an event where I can wear a fancy dress
88. Host a sit-down Thanksgiving Dinner
89. Walk around a city with no plans and nothing but a camera
90. Read 52 books in 52 consecutive weeks
91. Cook one new meal a week for a year and post the recipes on my blog
92. Make chocolates
93. Wear different earrings every day for a month
94. Go sailing
95. Write a letter to the editor
96. Play 18 holes of golf
97. Take a floral arrangement class
98. Write in my journal every day for a year
99. Take an oil painting class
100. Write a letter to both grandmas
101. Attend Festival of Colors

5 comments:

  1. This is a great list. I want to do #28 with you. I have been looking for a buddy to take that class with me. I will also be happy to be your guinea pig for any of you "mastering" projects. I would gladly tell you how delicious your pies, cinnamon rolls, pasta, etc are. Finally, tell me when you want to go to #53 and we want to come too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, it's so you!!! I will be your cheerperson, not really a cheerleader, but the one who says "Go Melissa, you can do it!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! I want to make a list too! My list would be much less ambitious though. Mostly things like -talk to my kids on the phone everyday, -polish my toenails, -eat bon bons, and stuff like that. You go girl!

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun list! I hope you can do all 101! Can't wait to hear all about them. Too bad we aren't still in DC and you could have come visit us for the cherry blossom festival. Maybe you could put "ride to the top of the space needle" as one of your items and come visit us anyway.

    ReplyDelete