Pages

3.18.2009

Late-night Milkshakes

Why is it that we are drawn to food that is bad for us? What is it about fat and grease that makes it so hard to resist? Like ice cream? It's just sugar mixed in frozen milk fat... Or French fries? Potatoes are hardly nutritious in the first place, but then we slice and fry them in hot oil until all that is left is a crunchy exterior coated in vegetable fat.

As I ponder the food that I enjoy eating--the food that makes me feel good when I'm sad and the food that I crave when I'm hungry--it's really just all different flavors of fat. The 'healthy' food that I do enjoy, like salad for instance, I first adulterate by adding fat to it...probably so I won't overdose on good-for-me.

Every now and then I make a goal to eat healthier, but then I remember that I like junk food. And besides, I'll only be young [with a fast metabolism] once...so why not make the most of it?

You know what's really good is when you dip your fries in your ice cream...

1 comment: