Pages

4.03.2012

Bleeding Me Dry

According to 'The Free Dictionary,' the idiom 'to bleed someone dry' means 'to use up everything someone has available.'


I donated blood again last Thursday. That makes 3 out of 6 times. Halfway done!


But between you and me...the actual loss of blood isn't draining me nearly as much as the stress due to and preparation for my oral exam. Which will take place this Friday. Which is giving me ulcers. Or nightmares. Or both.


Which probably seems silly, since anyone that knows me knows that talking is one of my favorite and most developed hobbies. So an oral exam seems right up my alley. *deep breath*


The exam involves me and three old guys with PhDs sitting in a conference room for as long as it takes to determine whether or not I have any idea what I'm talking about. Any topic that was covered in any required class I've taken in the last 5 years is free game. Which makes me wish I'd spent much less time asleep in molecular biology and much less time flirting in genetics.

*more deep breaths*

I'm sure it will be fine. The consequence for failing is just getting kicked out of my program. No big deal.

Maybe I should bring the old guys a bribe....

6 comments:

  1. Even with a few snoozes in molecular bio and a few winks here and there in genetics, you've still got it, Melissa. :) You'll conquer, sure as shootin'. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps and flirting aside, you are an amazing test taker! This will be no exception! You'll do great! As to the bribe, they might be interested to know how well you bake! Good luck! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely bake them some bread or something! ;) You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few cookies can do wonders ;)

    I'm sure that you will do a fantastic job Melissa, you are such an intelligent woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Mel! You'll rock this thing! We all believe it you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will do awesome! But treats can't hurt!

    ReplyDelete