Pages

12.14.2011

I am Woman, Hear Me Roar

Today when I threw a load of towels in the dryer, I noticed when I turned it on that it was sounding a little funky.....  Upon further investigation, I found that the little silver accordion-looking pipe was no longer attached....to anything.  It was just sitting in a sad, twisted little heap on the ground.  Lint was everywhere.  I called maintenance, but no one answered (this is typical.)  So I called a man friend for a little bit of advice.  And then, like my father and his father before him, I did it myself.

Roar.


As an apartment of girls, we didn't have any of that boring old gray duct tape.  Please note the aesthetically pleasing use of purple.  Also, I promise I cleaned off the tile before pushing the dryer back.  Don't judge for the mess.


In a vein completely unrelated to my dryer, yesterday my big brother Daniel became one year older and wiser too.  So I baked a cake.  And Suzy spent the entire evening making jokes about 'eating it too.'  We had a small party at his apartment with his roommates and friends.  I don't have any pictures of the assembled cake, but I did take a few of what the layers looked like.  It was marbled.

Before it got baked
While it cooled
Opening presents
Happy birthday!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. But you roar was weak-ish and lacking effective punctuation. Try this: RAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the cake was FABULOUS! Good for you fixing the dryer vent. Dad will be so proud!
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete