Pages

8.31.2009

Sunflowers


My mom has been redoing her 'office' in our house. The first step of the remodel was to paint the walls a sunny shade of yellow. I love it. We encountered an obstacle when it came time to paint though, because we measure our growth on one of the walls in there. Suzy and I painted a 6 1/2 foot tall piece of masonite with seven sunflowers, one for every member of the family, so we could transfer all of the little tick-marks to a safe place where they would never be in danger of being painted over again. This post is mostly for Suzy's benefit since she had to move to Provo to start school before the flowers were finished. It's been a long time since I did anything so 'artsy' and it made me realize how much I miss it. I will have to find more time for doodling!


Well, now I'm off to add all the heights. Don't forget to sign when you come home, Suzy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you girls for my beautiful work of art! It's fun to have a "How Tall Are We?" chart that is so cute and so original. I am loving my new office.

    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete