Pages

4.08.2009

This is Just a Test...

Today I lost all faith in personality tests. For a class I am taking, our teacher had us take the MBTI personality test. According to the test booklet, "The MBTI instrument measures preferences, not abilities, maturity, or development," but regardless of all of that...I failed it.

I failed a personality test.

I am not really sure what to make of it all. I was so excited to take the test; we'll be discussing it in class on Monday. I took it the first chance that I had. And then I scored it...

And it was wrong. I am not those things it said about me. I am not extroverted or spontaneous...and I definitely don't learn best by doing. Who knows what that is all about? Maybe I got such weird results because I took it during my chemistry lecture?

I don't know why...I just know it was wrong.

Which is why I have now lost all faith in personality tests.

Isn't it great that there are bigger things to have faith in?

1 comment:

  1. I failed mine too... I took it last semester and almost cried because it didn't turn out to be some epiphany about myself like my professor promised. I was real bitter for a while about that.

    ReplyDelete